It’s important to give this policy a read, making sure you understand everything.
Who we are
You can find useful information about how to exercise your rights in the section “Your rights concerning your Personal Data” below. For specific queries, just get in touch at email@example.com
Information we collect
The personal information (“Personal Data”) about you that we collect includes:
- any information that you provide us when you purchase something from our store (name, address, e-mail address, payment details)
- Your social media profile details (name, profile photo and other information you make available to us) when you connect with or contact us through our social media accounts.
How we use your data
We use the information we collect from you to provide, maintain, protect and improve our service, to develop new ones and to protect Retreat Holidays Ltd and yourself. We also use this information to offer you tailored content, like sending you more relevant promotional offers.
Please note that we may also process personal data for marketing purpose as we see necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in promoting our products.
Your rights concerning your Personal Data
We will advise you if you choose to exercise any of your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, including:
- Withdrawing your previously granted consent, however, this will not invalidate any previously consented processes
- Lodging a complaint with any relevant Supervisory Authority
- Access to your Personal Data that we hold or process
- The correction of any Personal Data that is incorrect or out of date
- The erasure of any Personal Data that we process, when there is no compelling reason to continue processing it
- Restricting the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances
- Right to data portability, that enables you to ask us to provide you or another company you nominate with some of your Personal Data
- The right to object to any processing data where we are doing it for our own legitimate interests, although we may continue to process your data when there are compelling legitimate grounds or in connection with any legal claims
- The right not to be subject to a decision made entirely by an automated process This means you can request that we involve a person in the decision-making process
Information from third parties
We may also collect information about you from third parties, such as our partners, service providers and publicly available websites. This keeps the data up-to-date and accurate, provides you with products and services relevant to your interests and improves your experience with us.
Who we share your information with
We may use services offered by trusted third parties to process your information. These services include payments, marketing, and data analysis.
We may also share your personal information to comply with any requirements of law, to comply with any legal process, for the purposes of obtaining legal advice, for the purposes of credit risk reduction, to prevent and detect fraud and/or to protect and defend the rights and property of Retreat Holidays Ltd.
We will ensure that your Personal Data is protected and only used for reasonable purposes.
We will store your data as long as you remain a customer with us.
If you stop being a customer with us, we will keep your data for the minimum length of time required to fulfil any purpose set out in this policy and any relevant legal or regulatory obligations.
We understand that online security and data protection is an area of vital importance for all of our customers, so it is important to us that you have confidence in the security of your personal details before you use our website. We are committed to employing security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorized persons and to prevent accidental or unlawful processing, disclosure, destruction, loss, alteration and damage. Our technological security solutions are very advanced and are governed by a mature framework.
As the security of some communications via the internet are not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the complete security of any information that you disclose using your internet connection. You accept the internet security implications of using the internet and Retreat Holidays Ltd will accept no liability for any direct, consequential, incidental, indirect, or punitive losses or damages arising out of such an occurrence.
We may update this policy from time to time, so please review it frequently.
We use different kinds of cookies:
Strictly necessary: these cookies enable you to navigate the sites and also enable us to provide you the content that you have requested. If you decide to opt out of these cookies you will not be able to access the main functions of our websites, such as accessing your account. These cookies are valid until you close the browser, after which they will be deleted.
Examples of these types of cookies are:
- Positioning the content on your device or screen, so that you can navigate on our website
- Keeping you logged in every time you visit our website without having to log in every time to use our website
Functionality: these cookies recognise you when you log into the website and can remember the choices you make, so that we can improve and personalise your experience, providing you many features. You can still use our website if you opt out of receiving them, but you will find it more difficult to use some features, such as keeping you logged in our website. They expire after a maximum 2 years, but they can be deleted earlier.
Examples of these types of cookies are:
- Remembering your preferences and settings
- Showing you ‘related article’ links, depending on the information you look at
Performance/Analytical: these cookies collect information about the use of the website by people who visit it and how the site performs. So that we can improve the performance of our website, these cookies collect the information without identifying you and some of them may be used by third parties, which, however, will not be to identify you. You can opt out of receiving these cookies and be able to use our website without compromising all of its features. Their validity may differ, but they can be deleted at any point.
Examples of these types of cookies are:
- Knowing how many times a page has been viewed
- Providing statistics on how our websites are used
- Seeing how our content and ads are effective
- Improving the user experience
Examples of these type of cookies are:
- Collecting information about your browser’s usage in order to target website content and adverts
- Delivering content and marketing communication tailored to your interests
- Performing search retargeting, which on the basis of your browsing activities allows our adverts to be displayed on third party websites
You can change your cookie settings at any moment, clicking on ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser or otherwise use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for more details.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.metimeaway.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Suggested text: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Suggested text: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.